This nourishing, nutrient-packed recipe is inspired by Malibu in the springtime. It’s filled with fresh, local greens, gut-healing miso and anti-inflammatory turmeric and ginger. It’s the perfect light lunch or dinner and delivers not only delicious flavors, but a world of health benefits as well.
For the Miso-Turmeric Vinaigrette (makes 1 cup)
- 2 Tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 Teaspoons TUSOL Turmeric Smoothie Mix
- 1 Tablespoons grated carrot
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
For the Spring Greens Salad
- 2 cups organic little gems lettuces or butter lettuce
- ½ cup fresh spring peas
- ¼ cup pea tendrils
- ¼ c fresh herbs (I like to use cilantro, chives, dill)
- 2 sliced radishes
- ½ avocado
- 1/4c toasted pine nuts
Toast 1/4c pine nuts on the stovetop on low heat. Mix all vegetables in a large bowl and toss with your dressing.
For the Seared Salmon
- 6 oz salmon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper and sea salt
Heat a skillet with olive oil over medium high heat. Once it’s hot, cook the salmon (skin side up) until golden and crisp – usually about 4 minutes. Let the fish sear untouched to create a golden crust. After 4 minutes carefully flip your salmon and reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking until finished – about 4-5 more minutes.