These healthy, no-bake truffles could not be easier to make. They're the perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth. We recommend using the darkest unsweetened chocolate you can find, and purchasing raw if possible for a guilt-free snack.
- 9 ounces vegan dark chocolate
- 7 Tbsp full fat canned coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
1. Place finely chopped chocolate in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
2. In a separate small mixing bowl, add coconut milk and microwave until very warm but not boiling - about 25 seconds
3. Immediately add coconut milk to chocolate and loosely cover with a cooking lid to trap the heat in. Do not touch for 5 minutes. Then lift cover and use a mixing spoon to gently stir. Continue stirring until completely melted, creamy then add vanilla.
4. Set the mixture in the refrigerator to chill uncovered for 2-3 hours.
5. Once chilled and firm, prepare a small dish of cocoa or cacao powder for rolling
6. Use a Tablespoon to scoop out small balls then use your hands to gently but quickly form the chocolate into balls.
7. Toss in cocoa or cacao powder to coat and shake off excess (or leave bare), then set on a parchment-lined serving dish. Continue until all chocolate is scooped. There should be about 16 truffles depending on the size of your scoop.
8. Enjoy truffles immediately, or refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight. This allows them to set and firm up.