ASHWAGANDHA SLEEP TONIC
An old traditional Ayurvedic remedy for anxiety, stress and insomnia – ashwagandha with warmed nut milk and spices. Enjoy before bed to help you unwind and promote restful sleep.
Recent clinical research has shown that ashwagandha plays a role in treating stress, anxiety, depression and insomnia. It has also been studied for its cognitive enhancing, neuroprotective, antioxidant, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, immune-modulating, anti-cancer, cardio-protective, and thyroid modulating effects.
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 2 heaped tablespoons raw macadamia nuts
- 1 Medjool date or a teaspoon of raw Manuka honey
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 pinches of nutmeg powder
- 2 pinches of clove powder
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/3 – ½ vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon ashwagandha root powder equivalent to 1g
- Add all ingredients (even the vanilla bean – no need to scrape the seeds out) in a blender and whisk till smooth and creamy. Transfer to a pot and heat gently.
- To serve, add a sprinkle of cinnamon powder.
Best enjoyed an hour or so before bed!