Radicchio Salad with Cashew Ricotta Dressing
Spring is such an exciting time of year, especially when it comes to cooking! Spring reminds us that life continually renews itself, that each day is a beginning and that beautiful things can still grow from the ground of our being.
This gluten free, vegan fresh radicchio salad is topped with a creamy cashew ricotta dressing that adds a beautiful lemony, garlicky flavor. And then come roasted beets, crispy roasted garlic, and candied walnuts. Yum!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 10
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/3 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 dash onion powder
- Water to thin
- 1 medium beet, thinly sliced into rounds
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled + roughly chopped
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 pinch each, sea salt and black pepper
- 2/3 cup raw walnuts
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 head radicchio, rinsed, dried, bottom trimmed, unpeeled, and roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium lemon, juiced
- 1 healthy pinch each sea salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F (218 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add cashews to a small bowl and cover with very hot water. Soak for 10 minutes.
- Add sliced beets and chopped garlic to the prepared baking pan and toss in a bit of oil and salt and pepper. Roast for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, add walnuts to a skillet and heat over medium heat to toast for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Then add maple syrup, coconut sugar, salt, and cinnamon and toss to combine. Turn off heat and allow to cool in the pan.
- In the meantime, prepare dressing. Drain cashews and add to a small blender along with other dressing ingredients.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more garlic for zing, lemon for acidity, salt to taste, or nutritional yeast for cheesiness.!
- Add radicchio to a serving bowl or platter and toss with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Then add cashew dressing and toss to coat.
- Top with roasted beets, garlic, and candied walnuts. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve.