Busy Person Edition: 5 Minute Coconut Butternut Chaga Soup
I love meals that take me 5 minutes, because simply, sometimes I don’t feel like being in the kitchen for 45 minutes to make a meal. 😝
6 cups of butternut squash
2 cups of coconut milk
2 cups of grass fed bone broth
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 ground cinnamon
1 tsp chaga powder
2 medium shallots thinly sliced
1 TBSP coconut oil
Sea salt to taste
1. Heat a large pot over medium heat
2. Once hot add coconut oil, garlic and shallots. Sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add butternut squash, salt, chaga, and cinnamon. Then cover and cook for 4 minutes.
3. Add coconut milk and broth.
4. Bring to a low boil over medium heat then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 until butternut squash is tender.
5. Use an immersion blender or a blender and purée on high until creamy and smooth.
6. Taste and adjust seasonings.
7. Serve and voila! Magic ✨
- Busy mom pro-tip: To cut time on future meals, and to make more winter soups, I precook my vegetables and freeze them. So when there's a recipe like this, you are more than ready!